A Little Piece of Paradise

For the first fourteen years of my life, I spent summers camping with my family at Inverness Beach Village.  It continues to be one of my favorite places.  Because we had friends and famlily who travelled a fair distance to share our day, Eric and I wanted to make sure we spent some time with them.  Instead of disappearing on our own, we decided to spend the week in Inverness and encourage those who were sticking around to check it out as well. 

So from Monday to Thursday, we were joined by much of our friends and family.  Though the weather didn't cooperate as much as we had hoped, I did go swimming 3 out of 5 days!  The Calgary travellers did some exploring in the highlands and Baddeck, and the all got to just hang out and enjoy being together.  Percy and Louise picked up a feast of crab for us to enjoy on everyone's last night.  Followed by a campfire and a game of Werewolves (thanks Denny), it was a great way to finish our our holiday.

Except, our holiday wasn't finished, we still had a few days left!  Between our house purchase, wedding planning, and visitors, it seems we hadn't had downtime for ages.  It was a bit of a shock to the system when everyone left on Thusday - I'm not exaggerating to say we had a pretty serious case of the blues.  While we are closer to family since our return to the East, we're not THAT close, and we are certainly a lot further from our Calgary friends. 

Playing "Pommes de Pommes"

I came to the conclusion that while I missed our Calgarian friends a lot, I really do not want to live in Calgary....I just went them all to live in Nova Scotia!  It was fabulous having everyone here, even for a short time.  I think that means we'll have to do it again! :) 



The MacNeil Gents

The MacNeil Ladies


No comments:

Post a Comment