Meet the Party - Bridesmaid!

Next up on our "Party Tour", our Bridesmaid, Kim!

Other than me, Kim, a native of Middleton, is the only Nova Scotian in the wedding party!  Kim and I went to Dalhousie together, and became good friends when we moved in together on our first four month work term at Syncrude in Fort McMurray, AB.  Over the next two years, our friendship grew, and it was no surprise when Kim started dating another classmate of ours, Brendan.

After graduation, circumstances sent Kim, Brendan and the rest of Kim's family to Alberta, and I was soon to follow!  We spent a lot of time together discovering our newfound home - the mountains, Calgary Stampede, Cowboys, the Calgary Flames, and the Calgary Cannons (okay, only one game, but it was their last!).  We also did all those "new purchases" together... BBQ, TV, and car!  They had a few years head start on me for the home purchase though.  I spent a lot of Sunday evenings with Kim and Brendan eating Panago hawaiian pizza with jalapeno ranch dip, playing cards and watching Alias.

Brendan, Taylor, Brady and Kim
With Kim's family in Alberta, I also spent a lot of long weekends with them in Lethbridge.  The McLaughlins always made me feel welcome, and became my second family. 

In more recent years I haven't seen Kim as much as I would like, but whenever we are together it is just like it has always been... if a little louder with the addition of two beautiful children and a dog.  I was honored to be a part of Kim and Brendan's special day when they got married, and we are so happy that she is able to join Eric and I on ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment