Meet the Party - Matron of Honour!

As promised in the last post, it's time to introduce you to our wedding party!  First up, our Matron of Honour, Gloria!

Gloria was a co-worker of both mine and Eric's at Fluor Canada Ltd. in Calgary.  There was a great group of young Engineers at Fluor for a while, and we spent time together both at and outside work.  Many of us don't work there any longer, including Gloria as she has moved on to another EPC (Engineering Procurement and Construction) company in Calgary.  You'll find that's a repeating theme in our wedding party.

Gloria is the lone westerner in our wedding party having been born and raised in *gasp* Edmonton.  She is a busy woman, and since I've known her has taken multiple dance classes, photography lessons, has gone on trips to scuba dive and bike, and is always doing yoga, reading up about nutrition or "yardening". 

Gloria and Jeremy

Gloria was already working at Fluor before I started, and one of my first thoughts upon meeting her was "wow, she knows her stuff!", which was quickly followed by "thank heavens someone else has a nose ring!".  Turns out, that's not all Gloria and I have in common!  We hit it off right away, and now that I think about it, I was with Gloria on my first hike in the mountains, my first showshoeing attempt, and she was slated to come along on my first cross country ski, though she ended up cancelling which made a little more room for... Eric!.

As a couple, Eric and I spent a good amount of time with Gloria and her husband Jeremy... even after Jeremy almost lost Eric in the backcountry!  In fact, Gloria and Jeremy (separately, but maybe as part of a conspiracy?) were among the first to suggest that we could have "long term potential".  Since Gloria is a smart lady, we never should have doubted that she was right!
- Erin

1 comment:

  1. Ha!! I didn't know that Jeremy suggested that you two had long term potential as well!! No conspiracy at all!

    And I had the SAME thought on the nose ring!!

    : )

    ReplyDelete