Fancy, Fun, and Functional Footwear!

Well, at long last a few items got checked off our Wedding checklist.  Our wedding party is confirmed and we are just delighted that the folks we asked are both willing and able to join us on our big day.  More on the party in upcoming posts.

My dress should be in the province sometime in June, and I've been trying to pick out some shoes so that when I went in for my fittings, I could get the length right.  If you know anything about my taste in socks (generally, the louder the better), you might not be surprised that I was having trouble figuring how to wear fun, but still beautiful and appropriate shoes.  After an email chat with my sisters where I was mostly kidding, I ended up settling on sequins shoes!  I don't intend to share all tiny details like this, but I needed an excuse to post this picture.  If you follow my sister Shauna's blog you likely have seen this already.  My shoes were shipped to Shauna's home outside Boston, MA.  Her daughter Norah, who is enthralled by all things girlie, just couldn't resist trying them on.  Word has it she approved of my selection, and is looking for a matching pair for our big day. 

Now sequins pumps are all well and fine - indoors.  However, even on a perfect weather day at Hatfield Farms there is always a reason to go outside as the reception is in one building, but the washrooms are in another.  Of course we are expecting a perfect day (what is the liklihood of another hurricane on the SAME weekend as last year?!), but I figured a back-up might be in order.  

Since it's been raining a lot here lately, these beauties have already gotten some use.  There was a temporary reprieve from rain this weekend, and Eric and I spent a good amount of it out in the yard - our somewhat soggy, though very green yard.  I think we won the first battle of the war with the dandelions, though it was not without injury on our side.  Our achey backs are proof of our hard work, but I'm sure we'll be ready for the next attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment