One Month and Counting...

Goodness gracious!  Where has the time gone!  I remember when the wedding countdown showed over a hundred days to go... now we are down to less than a month, and down to the nitty gritty of wedding planning!

Luckily, Hatfield Farm takes care of most of the big stuff, and the few big things we had to do (dress, photographer, flowers) are done.  Now, it's details.  I've had my first dress fitting, Eric has been measured for his tux, we are confirming our ceremony details, picked out ties and jewellery, and are starting to have fun with some crafty projects!  Many thanks to my sister Susan who came to town to help me make some decisions about those... For some reason, Eric just wasn't interested in spending a few hours in Michaels, my favorite crafty store!

Of the items we've checked off our list recently, the most important one was "get marriage licence".  I picked ours up just yesterday, and it really made me stop for a moment and remember that this big party coming up is to celebrate a pretty big event. 

Eric and I are getting married!  I'm going to have a husband!  I'm going to be a wife!  It is amazing how that most important of facts almost gets lost in the business of planning the party!  I have had the pleasure of sharing my life with Eric for a few years now, and feel pretty lucky to be able to do it for years to come.  I can't think of a better way to start our married life together than a celebration with our families and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment